This week’s Toolkit Tuesday is extra special because it involves a very dear friend of mine, Gini Dietrich. Gini and I met back in 2012 at a PRSA meeting where she was the keynote. It was the first time I had been truly impressed by a live speaker. She talked about the evolution of PR and provided so many tips, tools and perspectives that it left my head spinning. I was inspired to learn as much as possible about the fascinating woman that is Gini Dietrich.
So, I introduced myself, she introduced me to her community of Spin Sucks crazies and the rest is history. Pretty amazing history I might add! I’ve been fortunate to count her as a mentor in starting my own agency and even had the honor to work with her and the Arment Dietrich team for several months.
Gini is the author of the #1 blog for PR professionals, SpinSucks.com. Today, I want to introduce you to her new book that is just launching this week. I’m part of her team of Brand Ambassadors (which is a completely genius idea for book launches by the way), which provided me the opportunity to dive into Spin Sucks before it launched. #IKnowImLucky
Read on for the scoop and buy your copy this week to take advantage of some amazing free offers to boot.
Toolkit Tuesday: Read Spin Sucks (the book)
I read Gini’s first book, Marketing in the Round, which gave great insight into how organizations can break down silos and work together within the marketing round of earned, paid, owned and shared media. It was and is a great book, however, Gini’s new book, Spin Sucks, totally ups the ante. It takes the marketing round concept and breaks down what organizations should expect from PR professionals and what trends they should focus on, regardless of their given industry.
Spin Sucks provides real-world examples from both major and niche brands and combines them with best practices and tactics that both PR professionals and organizations can tangibly implement.
Spin Sucks: PR Professional Field Guide to Organizational Happiness
If you want to know how to truly move the needle for your organization within paid, earned, owned and shared media, you need this book. I’ve already dog-eared and highlighted my way through it once and it is now required reading for our team.
Notable takeaways that have us buzzing and make this Toolkit Tuesday worthy:
- Learn how to tell your story in a way that leaves a lasting impression and creates brand ambassadors (without sex or extortion)
- Learn how to work with the customers who control your brand and get ideas for how other brands are achieving success.
- Gain insight into this crazy digital world which has completely turned PR on its head … and learn what to do about it whether you’re a PR professional, agency or organization.
- Learn tactics for how to successfully (and ethically) work with bloggers, create content and share content that is search engine optimized (SEO’d)
- Learn best practices for building relationships with journalists and social influencers — even if you have to DIY your PR as a startup.
- Host and promote a webinar – best practices and step-by-step guide.
- How to create calls-to-action that generate leads and move potential customers through the sales funnel
- Learn how to address spammers, scammers and trolls that can wreak havoc for your brand
Buy Spin Sucks this Week for Special Bonuses!
- Eight new practices for PR pros ($50 webinar)
- The perfect web marketing storm ($50 webinar)
- Grow your leads using inbound marketing ($100 webinar)
This offer is good for this week only so act fast and spread the word.
We hope you’ll check out this valuable resource and let us know what you think in the comments. If you’re new to Gini Dietrich or the Spin Sucks brand, subscribe to her blog for free and buy Spin Sucks the book this week. You won’t be disappointed!
P.S. Subscribe to our e-newsletter while you’re at it to ensure you don’t miss any of the tools, tips and trends we share daily here on Belle Communications blog.
Latest posts by Kate Finley (see all)
- Direct Mail Done Well: How Madewell Claimed My Next Pair of Jeans - August 21, 2014
- 18 Mood-Boosting Images to Up Your Happiness and Be Your Best Self - August 18, 2014
- 5-Step Quick-Start Guide to Keep Email from Ruining Your Life. - August 14, 2014