Happy Friday! Between watching the Oscars, working hard and finally getting some gorgeous weather, this week has flown by.
Before we kick off the work heels for the weekend, we’re giving you our weekly #THRIVEable Friday series – a collection of helpful hints and tips to help you thrive at work and in life.
Entrepreneurship … LIKE A BOSS
Be Flexible (Just Not Too Flexible)
Rules are made for a reason, but rules are made to be broken. So how do you balance the line of following procedure and making an exception? This article gives suggestions on when you can bend the rules in your company and when it’s best to keep on the straight and narrow.
Tone It Down
We often think that entrepreneurs need to be extroverts to succeed, but this article lays out some benefits that come with being an introvert and how they help in the business world.
Let It Go
Having trouble delegating your projects? It’s a vicious cycle: you have too much to do, yet don’t want to let anyone else handle the work. Then you have too much to do. This article discusses why you should delegate and gives tips for making it an easier process. Hello, free time. It’s been a while.
Tips and Tools to Empower Your Life
There are tons of great articles, videos, podcasts, and other sources of information and entertainment on the Internet, but there’s never enough time get through everything you want to view in one sitting. Enter Pocket, a tool you can use to curate all the content you want to read but don’t have the time to get to at the moment. Pocket allows you to choose and save a variety of online articles, which you can then post to social media or view at a later time. There’s also a helpful Chrome extension that’s integrated with Twitter, as well as a mobile app. Pocket’s also integrated into more than 500 apps including Flipboard, Tweetbot and Facebook’s Paper app. So get busy reading!
THRIVEable Things: Links We Love
- 6 Elements of Snackable Content
- How Charmin Became the Sassiest Brand on Twitter
- America’s Most Social Small Business: The Elite Eight
- Top 10 SXSW Hashtags PR Pros Should Follow
- 8 Phrases Marketers Should Avoid (and What to Say Instead)
- Getty makes many of its images free to embed on blogs
- Things From The ’90s That Social Media Replaced
Latest posts by Kate Finley (see all)
- Women: Isn’t it Time We Stop Apologizing? - October 26, 2015
- The Vacation I Almost Skipped (What My Team Taught Me) - October 19, 2015
- How to Measure PR: 13 PR Measurements Beyond Impressions and AVEs - August 24, 2015